C-sections

C-section?

I recently posted this in the "3rd Trimester" board and thought I would post it here as well.

Hello moms and moms-to-be,

I will be 38 weeks pregnant on Wednesday. Next Thursday I am scheduled to be induced, due to hypertension and diabetes. My doctor is telling me I may have to have a c-section. I am TERRIFIED. I have 2 other children and both of them were delivered vaginally. My oldest son, who is now 7, was a big baby (so the doctor said) inside the womb, but he turned out to be around 6 pounds, 12 ounces. My youngest son, who is now 4, was around 6 pounds, 9 ounces. They said he was a big baby as well. I have never had a c-section, but I've heard horror stories about it. I am ashamed to say that I am not married, so I don't have any real help with my children. If I have to have a c-section, I heard I couldn't hardly do anything around the house for at least a month. I am so scared that I won't be able to care for my other two, and I also heard it was very painful. My question is, has anyone been through a c-section, and if so, how was your experience? I really need some reassurance. Tongue Tied

Thank you,

Nora

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker