Single Parents

Second thoughts on hyphenated last name

The time is rapidly approaching and I need to make this decision soon. A few months ago I agreed with the baby daddy that we could hyphenate our last names for our LO. Everyone that knows my position, even a couple of mutual friends (friends I made through him), keep telling me to just give LO my last name.

He literally hasn't done anything (besides quit his job and remain unemployed and move an extra hour further away from me) since we found out I was pregnant. He voices that he wants to around as much as possible but actions speak louder than words. He hasn't purchased anything for LO. Slept in and missed her baby shower (that started at 1pm.) Goes to the bar at least 2 times a week. I just don't agree with him automatically deserving the right to share a last name with her.

I'll be primary caregiver. She's going to be living with me, going to doc appointments with me, I'll be taking her to school, and who knows how active of a role her father will have.

Also, my last name is 8 letters and his is also 8 letters.... I feel like thats just a but excessive.

Vent, I guess. But I'm due in a little over a month and this subject really makes me unhappy. Would it be bad to take back agreeing we can hyphenate our last names? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml