Breastfeeding

2 days old, one side only?

My DD was born a little less than 36hrs ago, induced at 38w for high BP.   She is healthy but now a bit jaundiced, birth weight 8lbs.  So far, she has been too sleepy to really eat but she did once suck for 20 mins.  Last night we let them give her one bottle before starting her on the lights (after trying to feed for 2hrs).  

Mommy is worried that things won't work for us, so reassurance that this will get better is appreciated.  She also only consistently latches/sucks on my right boob though we've alternated what is offered first and different positions etc.  anyone else have this issue?  Obv I know I need to feed her from both sides to establish a supply.  We have at least gotten a lot of skin to skin.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
? BFP 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ?

? BFP 9/18/11 DD born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ?

Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule; mycoplasma/ureaplasma STD found & treated ? 3/17/11: Hysteroscopy to remove polyp ? Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11; RAI 5/9/11
Cancer killed! 5/19/11
Medical green-light to TTC 8/15/11..BFP 9/18/11! <a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/mmperea/Decorated images/?action=view