3rd Trimester

scared (long)

I had both my girls in Virginia so this will be my first delivery at this hospital with these drs...I don't know who will deliver, I do have 2 out of the 6 drs. I prefer but I'm a little scared.  With my girls I went in for a weekly appointment and they found that I was 3/4cm and contracting regularly so they went ahead and admitted me to the hospital across the street (it was a one dr. practice)  I was admitted around 11am and had them at 4pm and 5pm respectively...I did get my water broken and some pitocin, so one could argue I was semi-induced.  

I really had a great experience with both babies and am worried it won't go as well this time around.  I have NO control over the situation at all.  

My first DD was born at 39 weeks exactly and my 2nd at 37w5d...which my dr. and I feel this one will probably be a bit early than my due date too.  

Last week I was 1.5cm and 40% eff when I went into the hospital for dehydration/contractions.  I'm hopeful to get an internal today to find I'm further along in the process...and also hopeful my Dr. will consider an induction.  She's already told me she will induce me at 39 weeks if I want her to because she will be going on vacation that weekend for memorial day.  There are 2 drs. in the process I am pretty scared of having deliver me...I do NOT want to end up in a csection just because they weren't attentive enough.

Ugh... I'm scared.  Would you ask for an induction now??  I'm seriously considering asking my Dr. to induce me at 38 weeks just to get things done and taken care of and not risking having a crazy dr. manage my care.

Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool