Single Parents

Not sure where else to ask this ?

Hi, I am a lurker and have decided to ask a quick question.

Background: I am 13 weeks pregnant and going at this pretty much alone. The father and I tried to make things work in the very beginning (I found out at 4w3d I was PG) but I quiclkly realized it was not a good situation to continue and genuinely question his intentions and abilities as a parent. Since we have separated, I had decided to put the idea of dating out of my mind and just focus on getting myself to a good and stable place so I can raise the baby as best as I can. Within the last few weeks and old friend has walked back in to my life. ( we have known each other for 13 years) Its becoming aparent that he may be interested in persuing a relationship despite my obvious situation and drama. I'm not in ANY way considering jumping in to a relationship, but as a soon-to-be-single mom I have a hard time with the potential idea of being pregnant and in a relationship with someone other than the father.

My question is have any of you been in this situation? Was it hard being in this situation? Should I consider with my own way of thought that going at it alone may be the best idea for me?

Any suggestions, stories, or straight-forward advice is GREATLY appreaciated. TIA!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker