Breastfeeding

Bottle Brand Recommendations - And How Many to Get?

I am planning on breastfeeding (or providing brest milk) as long as possible ... unfortunitally I do have to return to work after 12-14 weeks.  DH will be home with the baby for another 6-8 weeks, and then it's off to daycare.  Sad 

Anyway, I am currently looking at the Medela Pump and Style . . . but am debating which bottles to get and how many in each size?

I've talked to a few friends who breastfed and one just got the Medela pump and Medela bottles (for consistancy).  The other got the Medela pump with the Tomme Tippie bottles.

The sales person helping me with my registry gave me a quick rundown on the brands of bottles they carry (all are BPA free and have an anticolic "technology":

Playtex - Have the drop in liners.  (I don't think I like that.  Just seems like one more extra thing I'll have to keep purchasing).

Avent - Great!  But alot of people return them becasue they leak if not assembled correctly.

Born Free - Apparently all natural, etc.

Dr. Brown's - Great!  But has alot of extra peices to assemble and clean.  The salesperson actually called it "hardware".  (Not sure I want to deal with making sure that little straw is clean, etc.)

Tommy Tippie - Nipple is the closest to the real thing.  Looks like a boob, feels like a boob, moves like a boob, etc.  Less nipple confusion.  (I like the idea that it is really compairable to the boob).

I'm leaning toward the Tommie Tippie, but I just want to see what other breastfeeding moms have used (alot of the reviews I've read are not from breastfeeding moms).

Also, regardless of what brand . . . how many in each size should I get?  I don't really know at what point the baby starts drinking more and needs the bigger bottles, etc.  Do I only need I opackage of the small bottles (3 bottles) and then 2-3 packages of the larger bottled (6-9 bottles).

Me 32. DH 38.
TTC # 1 Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".

After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker