Breastfeeding

please give me all your wisdom.

i posted previously about BFing an adopted baby. I met with my GYN and she talked me through the process of preparing my body, and I am going to try to make this happen. What do I need to know? There is so much conflicting info online, but you are real moms who are doing it. I know everyone is different, but  I thought this would be my best bet for practical wisdom. I have so many questions;

how can I tell when the milk comes in?

what do you do for torn up nipples?

I read in one book that you should "rough up" the nipple with a washcloth to get it ready, and another said to keep lotion on them and keep them soft.

What should I know about BFing in public?

how do I know if something is wrong, like a clogged duct?

if the baby won't latch, how long is too long to hold out before you get concerned that your baby needs to eat?

how do I store/freeze BMilk?

What else should I know that I'm not asking?

what BF related issues are worth calling the DR about? 

Thank you ladies so much; we just found out that we would be getting this sweet little girl two weeks ago, and she could arrive anytime. I just really want to do this with all my heart, and I want to be ready for everything so that I know what to expect. any wisdom or hints would be so amazingly appreciated. thank you all so much. I will keep you all posted how it goes when my girl gets here. I am pumping now to prep, 4X a day, and Dr. wants me on Reglan when she is born.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml