2nd Trimester

Overweight and 20 weeks

I have been overweight for quite a large chunk of my adult life. I already have a belly (or two) and since I have gotten pregnant I have dropped some weight, not enough to write home about but some. Im not showing at all as far as I can tell at least but I know that is expected when you already have some chubbiness going on. What bothers me the most right now is other people gauging my stomach. For example: a female co-worker and mother of 1 year old (whom is also on the chunky side) pointed me out today and said "ohh I can see a baby bump." Well No, what she's seeing is one of my jelly rolls (the upper one) that just happens to stick out a bit more with this particular outfit (Im not wearing anything maternity yet btw..just regular pants and shirts). I was a bit taken aback by this one and said "no, that was there before.." She argues me that Im wrong and Im showing. I said the baby is really low right now, there would not be a bump right under my boobs at this point.. again Im embarassed enough that I just shut my mouth and went with it.. but I dont think Im wrong...

Am I crazy with this one.. If youre losing weight so far and only at 20 weeks, the baby is at like crotch level of your stomach...there is no "bump" that high up...right?? Is anyone else in the same boat here with the weight issues.. and awkward moments by others who dont mean to offend, but do anyway.?