2nd Trimester

Family Name/Ridiculous Mother (advice please)

Since I found out that I am pregnant my mom has been suggesting that I use my maiden name as the future baby's middle name or even hyphenating. Lately she has become more and more persistent to the point where today she said to me on the phone "Your father and I would be so very disappointed if you do not use our last name for the baby." Are you kidding me? Has anyone else had their mom or dad give them a guilt trip over baby's name? It's not like its part of our culture. My mom's argument is that they did not have any boys but between my dad's 4 other siblings, there are PLENTY of boys to carry on the name. If anything, my DH's family has practically no men to carry on their name. I am just perplexed as to why my mom is pushing this issue and wondering if this is some new trend I was not aware of?
TTC since July 2010 1st IUI - 6/14/11 =BFN 2nd IUI - 7/20/11 =BFN 3rd IUI - 8/22/11 =BFN 4th IUI - 9/24/11 =BFN 10/11/11 - Cyst= :( Break from meds 11/15/11 - New Plan(to shorten cycle):Femara CD3-7 + Menopur CD7-12 + HCG 5th IUI - 11/28/11 =BFP!!!!!! Beta 16dpiui:220/18dpiui: 492 DX: PCOS 1500mg metformin BabyFetus Ticker