2nd Trimester

For those who have had kidney infections...

* Also posted on BMB *

Did your kidneys still feel a little tender after treatment?

I finished my antibiotics early this morning, and I have no remaining symptoms other than an occasional mild tenderness/soreness in my back (the infected kidney side). When I first got home from the hospital 10 days ago, I would take a percocet and be shaking with pain within an hour and a half. I've been out of percocet for about 2-3 days and have only needed an occasional tylenol, so obviously I'm doing much much better.

I've already spoken with a nurse and he told me to just watch closely and if anything gets worse or doesn't improve, go to L&D immediately to get back on something. He said without any other symptoms whatsoever and mild pain, my kidney might just be inflamed from the infection.

Has anyone else had any discomfort after successful treatment, or were you good as gold after antibiotics? I'm hoping it's just a phase of recovery and that I won't have to go back tonight or tomorrow.

ETA: Even if the pain goes away completely I'll be going in for a follow-up on Monday, just to be sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml