3rd Trimester

Feeling low about scheduled C-Section

Just had to get this off my chest to others that might be feeling the same way. We were planning an un-medicated labor with a midwife. At 36 weeks we found out baby was breech and had an external version at 37 weeks, which was unsuccessful. This week I finally scheduled my C-section for next Tuesday since the hospital where I'm delivering will not deliver breech babies vaginally. I also wouldn't want to risk delivering a breech baby by changing my hospital since it's my first delivery. I was devastated at first that I wouldn't get the labor I had been planning and now I just can't get excited about the delivery. I have heard that comments they come one way or another but this just irritates me because I am so healthy otherwise and I know that next baby I might get to do a V-Bac but whose to say I'll be as physically healthy as I am this time. I guess it doesn't help that I work in the operating rooms at the hospital and know what surgeons are like first hand. I also am finding myself becoming anxious about medications. I know some women choose a C-section and I know some women preferred their C-section to labor,but I'm struggling with the disappointment. I know once I see her everything will be okay, but I can't shake this uncomfortable feeling. 
Mrs. B Pregnancy Ticker