2nd Trimester

Keeping Pets out of the nursery--help needed

We have two cats who we love dearly. One is Leah and she is about 8 years old and a pretty typical cat (except that she comes when you whistle for her). Drako is the other one and he is (and I say this loveingly) stupid...i think he hit his head one too many times when he was a kitten, running into things. He is a little less typical and acts a little more like a dog, very attached and very needy.

I have heard that pets should not be allowed in the nursery and right now it is not a major concern as they do not seem to have much interest in the room, but I fear once it reallly comes together (mattress, sheets, fully loaded with other things) and we bring bab home that will change.

If we simply close the door to keep them out they will just paw/scratch at the door to be let in (which will drive me crazy). They pretty much have the run of the house and while I am not concerned about the daytime when I will be home, I am nervous about the nighttime and them jumping into the crib and laying on the baby.

I'm sure I am not the only pregnant woman with cats so any suggestion on how to keep them out of the room/crib would be greatly appreciated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml