2nd Trimester

Times have changed Mom.......

So last night on my drive home I called my Mom like I always do and she had mentioned that she looked at the "fake" registry I had made at BRU on their website. I made it more for a checklist and for discussion points for DH and I to talk about, or when I have done research on something that I think we would get use out of (we are going to register this weekend...YAY!!) So she was asking me all sorts of questions about some of the stuff that I had put on there and I explained why it was there or what purpose those items had.

To which then she says "well I never got to have any of this stuff when you were born and I just don't understand why you need so much stuff. I didn't get to have a diaper pail I just threw yours in the house garbage." WHOA!!! Where did that come from!? I was a little taken aback by her comments because I only gave her the registry info because she kept asking all sorts of questions about bedding and blankets, what are you doing for this or that....I never anticipated getting attacked! Now I sort of wish I would have kept it to myself, but she would have eventually seen all that stuff anyway after we go and register. It is just frustrating. She says that she wants us to have what we want for the baby, but yet this is what she comes back at me with. She was in a rotten mood yesterday too so I'm sure that didn't help, but how to I get her to see that times have changed and there are many more things out there to help make life a little easier when the baby is born?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml