2nd Trimester

Persistent Gardnerella, anyone?

Hi ladies, so far I've been just lurking on here for a few days. I'm a newbie to the site/community. I am 16 weeks pregnant with my second child (hoping for a girl this time). I have an almost 2yr old DS. My DH and I have been together 4 yrs. So, far, I've really enjoyed reading the posts and comments on here.

So . . . since my son was born, I have had a problem with gardnerella. I have symptoms on and off all the time. I have taken several rounds of Flagyl, the typical treatment, with not much success. It helps with the symptoms but every time I go to the OB/GYN I have it again. They even did a culture and found that Clyndamyacin was effective against the strain I have. I am allergic to Clyndamyacin but took the course anyway while taking benadryl. This was before I got preggers the 2nd time. Thought it was gone, got preg, still have it. Recently I switched OBs, my new OB is treating for my symptoms, but otherwise thinks I should get some probiotics (yogurt). I have followed all my dr.s advice on how to help keep it in check, I just feel like nothing is helping. Anyone else ever had an issue like this?????