Single Parents

What situations are granted 50/50 custody?

I was wondering what situations are mainly granted 50/50 custody. I'm not married to the BD but we currently live very close to each other. Both he and I are fit to be parents (he was a complete jerk to me but I know this has nothing to do with his potential as a dad no matter how much I dislike this factor). I would NOT be happy with 50/50 custody but I want to brace myself for the possibility that this might be granted. The baby isn't here yet so I'm not sure if perhaps 50/50 isn't an option until the baby is a little older.

The BD and I finally got together to speak and it was horrendous. I haven't stopped crying knowing what lies ahead. He blamed the pregnancy on me (said I purposely got pregnant), told me I should "act like a mother" (he hasn't been involved in any part of the pregnancy so far) and told me he wasn't even sure if the baby was his (though he was the one that was sleeping with at least 3 women without a condom NOT ME). My family suggested I try to move closer to them where I would have their physical support close by and where I wouldn't be in constant physical contact with the BD. However, I would always comply with allowing the father to visit. I'm starting to contemplate this move especially if 50/50 is possible. 

Anyone know much about 50/50 custody? Thanks!