3rd Trimester

Home Daycare cost

I am from Ohio. I have called several home daycares. Last year before getting pregnant I called one to get an idea of price so we could start a budget. The first 4-5 people I talked to said they charge around 125 a week for 50 hours for infant. I live in a very rural area. But they are all full. So now I have talked to a couple other people and I am hearing some weird things and I want to see if any of you have heard this or know where to look the info up. One lady said since she was certified by the start to get title 20 (daycare assistance for parents) that she had to charge $5 an hour but she would work with me thats 250 a week. Then another mom said state minimum was $3 an hour which would be 150. Why didnt these other people mention this. I want to pay a fair price to whom ever watches my child, but I at the same time it seems weird to only have one person mention both of these. I looked on the Ohio site and googled this with no luck. Has anyone ever heard of such minimums. I am private pay so I would think they could change what ever they want its their in home business right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker