2nd Trimester

Stressful Job :(

I can't help but wonder if the level of stress at my job is impacting my baby negatively. I work at a chain restaurant where things rarely go smoothly and the clientele is generally less than friendly/generous. I'm usually running around non stop for a solid three hours at a time during the busy periods and constantly under stress because there's always a problem and if I don't get it fixed I can watch my tips go down the drain.  The pressure of every little event affecting the amount of money you are making seems too much to handle sometimes ever since I had to start thinking about budgeting for LO.

Today two of the cooks got into a serious fight, like I'm talking a jailyard fight, and I was rooted to my spot, terrified. My stomach was hard as a rock, I was having a hard time breathing, and as a result I was getting a little lightheaded. On top of that, my tables at the time were being really rude because their food was taking long (since the cooks who were supposed to make it got arrested) and I was rather absent and couldn't get it together the rest of my shift. Anyone else dealing with high stress levels at work? How are you faring? Any input from experienced mommies? Could my job be hurting my baby? I'm not the first waitress to work through her pregnancy and I certainly won't be the last, but I can't help but be worried sometimes.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker