Babies: 0 - 3 Months

At home cradle cap remedy

I've been meaning to post this for awhile!  My daughter had pretty bad scaly things on her head a couple months ago, and I decided to give something a try... I slathered coconut oil (pure, the kind you cook with) all over her head, left it on there for about 20 minutes, and then washed it off.  The first bath didn't really get it all out of her hair, so I let her sleep with it on there.

The next day I bathed her again in the morning and the oil all came out.  I combed out her hair and got the scalies out, and she hasn't had cradle cap since!

I also used coconut oil on a really really bad diaper rash she had.  It was so bad that the diaper cream would just slide over her raw skin and not stay on there.  I put the oil on her, and at the next diaper change her skin had healed enough for me to put on the cream.  I alternated between coconut oil and cream until the rash went away (about a day for it to heal and stop hurting her, and then another 2 days for the redness to go away).

This stuff is awesome! And it tastes great when you use it to pop popcorn, LOL. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml