Single Parents

Question for a friend-neglect charges

I have a friend that was recently served papers to go stand in front of the judge on "neglect charges." She needs some advice but would rather not have a post connected to her name in any way, so I'm posting for her.

So, her and the X were never married. Their child is 4. They share custody (he gets every other weekend and two days throughout the week) and that alone has been an issue. He's known for just taking her DS for a few hours and returning him way before his time is over. He's not cool.

So, the neglect charges claim that she took her child surfing (which she did) without a life vest or supervision (which is untrue). Her X and his parents turned in a photo for evidence that had the person supervising the child photoshopped out. My friend has the original photo showing that someone was watching him.

After some digging, she found that the woman her ex lives with has a record of burglary, assault, and possession of a controlled narcotic (and pot as well). She isn't sure if this face will help her case at all, but this woman is there whenever she has to drop off her DS with his father.

DS also comes home smelling of pot and has told his mom that her X just leaves him upstairs and heads downstairs to "play" (aka, smoke weed). He has come home a few times with red bumps covering his body. My friend was the one who took him to the doctor, so her X is claiming that she is the cause of the bites/reaction that the child had, as her name is on the ER paperwork. She also has pictures of this rash.

The best part is that my friend is now married to a servicemember and is unable to relocate to his station because of the situation with her X. He will not cooperate in any way to make it so that she can move more than 200 miles away from him.

So, my question is, are these shady tactics imposed by her X and his parents enough to win full custody? She has yet to get a ruling on the neglect charge (they told her 45 days after court for a decision and today was her court date).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml