Babies: 0 - 3 Months

XP- FTM: Time between feedings and night sleep Qs

So, we went to the Dr. this week for DS's 2 month check-up (he's only 6 weeks though). The Dr. told me two things that I'm just not sure about. 1. DS should be going about 5 hours or MORE between feedings. Currently he eats every 2-4 hours, usually 2 1/2.2. We need to let DS cry at night instead of picking him up to feed him. He can go 5-8 hours without a feeding at night.Now just an FYI DS is in the 98th % for weight, so Dr. said it won't hurt for him to miss a feeding.My problem: How to I do that? Did your LO go that long between feedings at 6 weeks? At night when DS cries I feel like he's screaming and waking himself up even more, there's no way he'll fall back asleep; plus, he's obviously hungry. DH and I caved within 2 minutes of DS screaming last night. He slept for 4 hours the first stretch, then was up every 2 hours after that. How long did your LO sleep at 6 weeks? Wont he just naturally start to go longer between feedings, or do I really need to 'train' him?Sorry for all the Qs, I just feel a little lost.TIA! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml