Babies: 0 - 3 Months

HELP! Sleepy/Sleeping LO refuses to be put down

Hi Everyone

I love my 7 week old but the one thing i wish could be improved is his refusal to be put down. 

Basically, we use the "baby milkshake" maneuver to help him get to sleep. If you arent familiar, that entails holding your baby upright in your arms, his head slightly laying on your shoulder, and you gently popping/shaking as you walk around the house in the dark. When LO gets to that point he wants to sleep, he transitions himself to lower on my arm and lifts his legs so i can hold them for him and they wont dangle. He is asleep.

The issue is i have to continue to hold him in this position all day and all night long in order to keep him asleep. Additionally, he periodically will stir and threaten to wake up if i remain still for too long. I have a co-sleeper, a snug-a-bunny swing, and a rock'n'play that are not being used bc we've tried them several times and he wakes up immediately or within 5 minutes.I recently purchased a recliner/glider to help the situation however it hasnt proven successful yet.

During the day, this makes it extremely difficult and nearly impossible to get thngs done such as clean his bottles, other baby things, household chores, etc. And at night, it really is doing a number on my sleep.

Anyone else experiencing or experienced this?

How did you help your LO? How did you get him to lay down on his own and stay asleep?

I am patient and loving but my arms hurt and the bags under my eyes are starting to become permanent facial features. 

Thanks for listening!