Babies: 0 - 3 Months

post c-section restrictions

I'm scheduled for a c-section in just over a month (I had a vaginal delivery last time and there were complications, etc, etc...). Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how restricted you have been post c-section.

I have a 2 year old at home and I'm trying to figure out just how much help I'm going to need and for how long. I've heard that you are recommended not to use stairs for 6 weeks. That seems pretty extreme, but I also don't want to hurt myself after delivery obviously. Also in terms of how much you can lift... I would assume you're allowed to lift your newborn, but I'm thinking my 28 lb 2 year old will be off limits for a while. Also, how long until you are allowed to excercise?

Also, I am a bit nervous about being able to nurse after delivery and what effects having a c-section will have on my milk production, etc as well as any discomfort that I should expect due to the inscision site in terms of nursing.

Sorry, that's alot of questions and I'm sure I'll eventually get all of this from my doctor but I'm starting to get very curious already.

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml