3rd Trimester

Im a FTM and kind of frustrated...

Im a first time mom. My little baby boy is due the first week of March. Im so excited. Im love getting advice from everyone since this is our first child. I am having two baby showers: one from my mom and just had one from my MIL. I am so grateful that they both want to be so involved.

However.........my husband and I are in the process of buying all the baby stuff. We like getting some new stuff because this is our first. My MIL keeps insisting we get everything second hand. I dont really mind all that much especially if the stuff is hand-me-downs from friends and family. I have tons of REALLY nice hand-me-downs like toys and cart covers and clothes.

For my baby shower my MIL brought a plastic bag full of clothes for my baby. She bought it at a secondhand store...some of the clothes have spit up and sweat stains. One of the onsies was even falling apart. She keeps bringing this stuff over and I really dont want my baby to use it. I dont mind if its worn but I dont want all my babies stuff to be used. We are doing well financially so we can afford to get our baby some new stuff. I dont know how to tell her to stop.

She even wanted to get a crib secondhand after my mom offered to buy me a brand new crib. I tried to tell her listen we dont want to buy anything else until after the baby showers so we have a better idea what we need. But she isnt the person to say no to. I love advice and help but in this case, its kind of wearing my patience thin. I also dont want to throw the clothes away, even though they are cheap and used, she still bought them. What to do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers