2nd Trimester

Becoming a mom changes you... (long)

The longer I am pregnant the more I believe this is true. While I believe that some people can take it to the extreme and become zombie moms, a lot of times I think the changes are for the better.

I just talked to one of my closest friends via Facebook whose first baby is due at the beginning of March. She found out months ago that she has an issue with the baby's umbilical cord (single umbilical artery), but has been pretty upbeat and optimistic about outcomes. She just said that they would take the baby early if it became an issue. She didn't make it sound like a big deal, so I didn't do a whole lot of looking into it.

I just sent her some blah, blah, blah about how freaked out I was about my weight wondering if she was having the same issues since she and I have both had gastric bypass surgery (I lost around 100 pounds and she lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 250). Anyway, she shot me back a quick response just saying she couldn't really get into it because she was at work, but she's had some very difficult doctor appointments lately and that weight is the last thing on her mind (duh). Well, until today she had not mentioned any of this to anyone except her family apparently, but it sounds like there are some serious problems going on with her baby. She said she was at work and couldn't go into it because she couldn't keep herself together if she did.

Now I'm scared to death...almost in tears.  Before I was pregnant I would've thought how horrible it was and felt bad for her, but I honestly would've went right on with my day keeping it in back of my mind, but now I'm an emotional wreck. I know I won't be right again until I can talk to her and know what's going on...and since she's so far only told family, she may not even come back to me and give me the details. I just told her I loved her and I am here for her, and if she wants to talk I'm available anytime. Now...I wait...

Yes, being a mother changes you. I now understand. 

Sorry for rambling...I'm just upset. I talked to DH about it and he said "that sucks" and went back to what he was doing.