C-sections

C-Section Scheduled - not confident

I went along my whole pregancy with the docs telling me that my baby is right on schedule size wise...until the end. Everyone told me how big I was except the doctors. They finally decide my baby is measuring big. Now that I'm 39 weeks and my baby is measuring 9.5 pounds, they want to schedule a c-section.

I had my ultrasound yesterday and my doctor called me to give me a heads up for my appt today that he was big. Why didn't they tell me yesterday not to eat anything today? Then they could have done the procdedure today. Now we have to wait till Monday. What if my water breaks or I go into labor by Monday? I'm only 1.5 centimeters though.

I just feel so overwhelmed with this news today. I knew it was coming, but I'm scared they are going to mess it up, or I'll be in pain forever, or my dogs won't understand why mommy doesn't feel well. I cry when I get my blood taken, let alone having surgery while I'm wide awake. What if my doctor is bad at doing this procedure?

Oh and my doctor asked me what I've been feeding this baby. Well if she told me months ago that I was measuring big, gaining too much weight etc maybe I would have ate better. Though I was over ten pounds myself and my mom wouldn't even eat salad dressing on her salads. So, I'm convinced my baby is big because I was big and I am a six foot tall woman. I wasn't expecting a tiny baby.

Sorry for the rambles, I'm just a big scared, nervous and upset all at the same time.