2nd Trimester

Asking for a raise and talking about maternity leave at the same time?

I'm going to try to make this short....

I've been at my company for almost 4 years.  Haven't had a raise in 3, and even received a pay cut 3 years ago due to the market.  A few months back, I asked for a raise and my boss asked if I could wait until the end of the project I'm working on... well, that project is now going to go until the end of this year. I can't wait any longer.

Before a few months ago, I was the only female of child bearing age.  The only other one is the receptionist now.  We don't have a "maternity leave" policy in place.  I do have AFLAC, which will cover my STD but I want to ask if I can work from home for the first year.

My question is this..... how should I go about asking for a raise that I absolutely know I am due when I know I want to ask about working from home?  Should I do this at one time or should I do it separately?  I have promised my DH that I will find out by the end of the month so that we can start looking at our options of daycare.  I really don't want our child in daycare.... I want to be with our child for the first year. 

I want to propose a raise, as well as working from home for a year, with one trip a week into the city for my meetings.  I can absolutely telecommute, it's definitely a possibility with my position.

TIA for any words of wisdom or advice!  I was gung-ho about having this discussion with him last week and now I am shaking.... I am so nervous to talk to him about it!!!  Maybe this baby IS a girl.... I need some testosterone for this conversation!!!

I should add that I'm a Project Manager for a Construction Company.... it's a very male oriented business!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers