2nd Trimester

Gestational Diabetes....???

I have read about it, I know about it, but there are some things that are still sketchy in my mind about it.

Here is the situation. I was talking to my best friend last night and she is about 10 weeks ahead of me. She went in and took her 1-hour GD test and failed it miserably...by like 50 points. So they are having her take the 3-hour. I get all that. Here is where I'm confused. She said that it was so high, and that she failed because it was all right around the holidays with all the cookies and yummy good stuff like that, that she had eaten in the few weeks before she went for the test. It was my understanding that with this drink that you take, that was supposed to be the measure of how good your body processes sugar and has nothing to do with what you ate in the weeks leading up to your test.

Right? Wrong? Can someone clear this up? I thought she would have a good handle on this since she is a MA, but I also thought that she would have at least called the doctor when she fell in the shower a week ago and didn't. Goofy! Point being, I didn't think what you ate prior had any effect. This is confusing.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml