2nd Trimester

Boundary issues & big mouths

Hi:

Need to vent a bit. So my mom tells everyone of her friends everything & anything about me & the pregnancy. If I have a dream that LO is a boy or girl...she is on the phone telling everyone within the hour. I was having heart palpitations and heart racing yesterday and she calls to tell the neighbor. I run into people she knows and they are always, "Oh I heard that.....I hope you are feeling better." Makes me want to scream, it's like having no privacy at all. I stop telling her stuff then she gets all guilt trip-py and weird. My hubby & I picked out a few names and she is bugging us nonstop about them. So I told her point blank, we aren't going to tell her b/c she can't shut up.

Ok, then my MIL. She is out of state but she is one of those women who doesn't listen to what you say at all if it's not what she wants to hear. She informed me the other day that after LO is born, she is spending a month with us. There was no asking, or inviting....I was being told by her that this is what is going to happen. I won't survive the stress of a new baby and my MIL at the same time for the long. She also told me that I need to get on the ball with planning the nursery bc she is going to sew all the bedding, curtains, etc. Funny! We are stark modern minimalists in taste and she is classic country. I am cringing. So hubby & I (is that what DH is?) agreed to let her do one set of crib bedding for us, with the condition that I get to pick out the fabric. I think it's great that she wants to help so badly. But, you don't just impose yourself upon people. 

Oy vey!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml