C-sections

what they don't tell you about having a c/s

this was just my experience, and while my c/s was a breeze there were a few things that never occured to me about having a c/s or that i didn't know!

first, you will not be able to eat or drink at least 12 hours prior to surgery OR the entire day afterwards!  i had to wait 24 hours to eat my first meal.  the nurses wouldn't even let me drink water, it was awful and i was so hungry!  obviously i had fluids running through my iv, but i wanted to eat!!

second, you will not be able to get out of bed for 24 hours.  i was stuck with needles, ivs, and the leg compressions for an entire day.  the first time i stood up it was glorious!

the constipation is AWFUL!!  if i would have known this happens, i would have started taking something much sooner!  i was taking everything i could, and constantly asking my nurse for more.  i drank prune juice (gross!) like it was going out of style.  finally the day i was to be released from the hospital i was relieved.  my nurse and i both cheered!

i think that's it!  if you have any questions or anything else to add, chime in!  :)

Mommy to Presley 5/27/09,
p7 copy
It's a GIRL!!
BabyFetus Ticker