2nd Trimester

Just another daily worry...

I am a military wife and we are currently on a 2 and a half month transit to Kings Bay, GA. We were living in Newport, RI when I got pregnant and that is where I had been going to all my OB appointments. The Naval Health Clinic in Newport does not have an OB on-site, so I had to see a civilian doctor (whom I love!) and all my records would be released to my military health records.

Well, at the end of October, we moved to Groton, CT, but I decided to make the monthly trip to Newport to see my civilian OB. It is just too much trouble to switch doctors and I felt more comfortable sticking with my original OB. My last appointment was December 5th, and my OB and I decided not to schedule another appointment because on January 13th, we are making the move down to Georgia. From what I understood, I would get to the duty station, call the Naval Health Clinic and be set up with a new civilian doctor.

However, last week, I went to pick up my health records from the Newport Health Clinic to bring down to GA, and when I was handed the records, none of my appointments with my OB were in there. It looks like I am not even pregnant! It turns out, that when I do get to GA and I have a new primary care doctor through the health clinic, that doctor will give me a referral to an OB who will communicate with my Newport OB to get my records from him. I asked how long this may take from the point of me arriving in GA, and I was told 4 to 6 weeks.... That would mean I would be going 11 to 12 weeks without seeing an OB. No one seems to be concerned except for me. And I can't even get anyone from the health clinic in GA to even talk to me since I am not physically present there yet. If I had known all this was going to happen, I would have made an appointment with my Newport OB for the beginning of January, but I didn't know. And, it's too late to make an appointment with him, since my referral with him has been terminated. 

I feel like my baby is fine. She kicks and moves a ton, but I am just concerned and I feel like I have a right to be concerned. During this pregnancy, I have known 3 other friends to have been pregnant. One gave birth to a stillborn, and another, who is only 3 weeks behind me just lost her baby the other day. Naturally, I am worried. I am wondering if I should find a local hospital once I get to GA, explain my situation, and hopefully have someone look at me real quick while I wait for all this paperwork mumbo jumbo to get done?