C-sections

c-section mamas. A warning

Hey ladies, I wanted to give you all a heads up on blood clots. My doctors did not tell me how common they are in c-section moms (due to both recent pregnancy and recent surgery) until I was in the hospital with 80% of my left leg blocked.

When my leg first swelled up, my family practitioner thought I pulled something and gave me a cortisone shot and sent me home. I was bed ridden for a week an a half with my newborn before I insisted on seeing another doctor who immediately sent me into for a doppler and then to the ER.

One of the clots could have very easily dislodged during that week and a half and killed me. I did not know any of this. I had no idea this was a major risk and my family practitioner sucks because he did and for some reason didn't think it pertained to my situation.

So, keep an eye out for symptoms. Swelling in arms or legs, redness in the skin, bulging veins around these areas. If you feel a sudden shortness of breath with chest pains, get to the ER immediately.

I don't want to scare anyone but this is a leading cause of death and I was completely unaware of it. When i think back to how my child could have grown up without a mom it makes me want to cry.

Just please, be aware.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml