Single Parents

Speech development with a single mother

Ok. Maybe I am being paranoid, but as a newly single mother, everything is stressing me out. I spend my days thinking about how this could impact my son (5 months old). my newest worry is his speech development. I am the only person around him about 95% of the time, if not more. I try to talk to him, narrate what I am doing, and read to him. However, he is almost never around people having a conversation. I try to talk like an adult to him so that he picks up on the language, but most of conversation ends up being about stinky feet, tickle belly, and making any random sounds that makes him laugh (chugga chugga choo choo is his new fave). Am I over-thinking this? Have any of you single parents (that were single with young babies) had any issues with language development? We see family and friends occasionally, but for the most part, it's just the two of us. On top of that, I am setting myself up for extreme separation anxiety because I am the only one that cares for him? Maybe 10 diapers have been changed by other people since birth. I just don't have the help from family/friends ... support yes, but physical help, not so much. Everyone has their own life. Need to stop thinking!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml