2nd Trimester

The big 20 week a/s...

0 0 1 281 1606 1234 13 3 1884 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

In the heat of the moment, I invited my MIL to our a/s.  This is her first grandchild, she lived too far away to really include her in much of the wedding planning, and she has three sons ? so I thought it was a nice way to include her and at the time I really didn?t think anything of it.

Well, she doesn?t go ANYWHERE without my FIL.  So he is coming to my a/s ? apparently I wasn?t specific enough when I invited her, hoping to invite my mom and just have it be a ?Grandma thing?.  I don?t know why, but it bugs me to have a guy there other than my DH.  Yes, I love him because he is my FIL, but he is awkward and I don?t really comfortable with him there.  The problem is, the two of them completely re-worked their schedules around this thing (it is a couple hours of driving for them) and are really excited.  And I do really want to include them as best I can?

My question is, how long does the a/s take?  I am hoping I can ask the doctor if we can have the a/s done when it is just DH and I so we can check for everything, find out the gender, and get our first glimpse of our LO- just the two of us.   Then have grandparents waiting outside the room and come in for the last 3 minutes for a quick peek. 

Does that make sense to you ladies?  Anyone else have a similar predicament?  My mom is on my case for ?setting boundaries? so I know I have to be more clear in the future (trust me, I?ve got boundaries set for the labor day?.) but when she brings it up it just makes me more anxious about it.  I know she just cares and wants me to be comfortable with everything, but it makes me feel like I failed on the communication front (which I did, but I don?t want that pointed out! Ha!)

Does the scan take a good 20-30 minutes so that we can legitiamately ask the doctor for the majority of the scan to just be the two of us ? then invite the "audience" in? :) 

Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker