Single Parents

Owning a Gun

Just curious if any of you out there with LO's own a gun for safety and protection reasons.

I am legitimately frightened of what my STBXH will pull on me once he is out of jail. I am moving to a new place in February but he is literally crazy and I fear he will find any way he can to figure out where I live and try to hurt or kill me. He has promised me countless times while we were together that if I ever left him he would kill me, and he was not joking. He made that VERY clear.

My mother and I are planning on taking some courses. I have never shot a gun but she is seasoned with all types of guns. And she too feels the need to get her own for safety (he has also threatened her life on several occasions).

I have thought about other precautions such as mace and tasers but I have seen both used on my STBXH and when he is in "that" state of mind they had zero effect on him. I feel a gun for protection of my home could be useful in not only my peace of mind but preventing him from hurting me or my children in the future. I get nervous with the thought of having one in the same home as my children but obviously I'd take extreme precautions with keeping it out of reach and hidden. All I care about is the safety of my family.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers