Single Parents

PSA

A horrible thing has happened in my community.  Yesterday a 13 month old boy was reported missing and a massive search was conducted.  A few hours later his body was discovered near a local cemetery, and his mother confessed today that she beat him to death when he wouldn't stop crying.  She was a 20 year old SP.

I know no one here could fathom ever hurting their child and I'm horrified and sickened by what this mother did.  But we all have also been in that place, where LO will not stop screaming, and as SPs we are alone.  Some of us have wonderful family and friends to lean on.  But some of us don't.  I just wish this woman had taken that poor little boy to a crisis nursery; there was one 5 miles from her house.

I guess I just wanted all the SPs in this community to look into local resources if you are feeling overwhelmed.  As someone with a wonderful support system I realize I am very lucky, but understand how quickly frustration can build, and hope that all mothers know there is no shame in utilizing a crisis nursery if the need arises.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker