June 2012 Moms

Light spotting and doctor wants to do an U/S

I had some light spotting today that. I waited until this afternoon to call the doctors office. I spoke with the nurse and I really wanted to hear "this is perfectly normal" but she didn't say that she wanted to speak with the doctor. After an agonizing 20 minutes, my doctor called me back. He asked me some questions about cramping and told me that it "could" be perfectly normal but he wanted to schedule an internal U/s anyways. He said because I am high risk that it would just be better to look and make sure that everything is fine.

Well, you would think that I would be happy to have an U/s but I am not..I am only 7weeks and I don't want to hear any bad news. Worse yet, I hate it when it is too early to see certain things like a HB and then it gives me a reason to obsess and worry. I have been so calm about this pregnancy I don't want my anxiety issues to start up...Would it be completely stupid of me to say I don't want the U/s or should I just voice my concerns/major anxiety with my doctor ?

WWYD? 

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker