June 2012 Moms

weight issues

So I know I'm not the only one who is self-conscious about their weight, but I just got hit by a wave of the debbie downers.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been... I've always kind of struggled with weight. I'm 50% italian and with that comes the curves - which I've accepted for the most part. I have issues with what is technically called obese and overweight, because according the "them" I am on the cusp of being obese - I'm 5'2" and about 160... at least I was right when I found out I was pregnant. Now at 6 weeks I've gained 5 pounds and have done nothing different in those 2 weeks. Everyone is shocked when I tell them how much I weigh because fortunately I just look like a very curvy person, and not someone packing on that much weight... plus I've learned how to dress the curves to minimize them. But to make my situation worse, I have a bad back. It's much much better than the previous years but I know it gets worse as I gain weight. I'm a little nervous about nugget packing on the pounds and how my back is going to handle it, how my psyche is gonna handle seeing such high numbers, and a little worried that I'm going to have trouble dropping the weight after nugget pops out.

I know the first question will be, do you work out? Yes and no. I hate working out, but since the spring I've been going to curves... at least I was til school started. Now that I don't have the chance to wake up and go to the gym first thing in the morning and have to go to work instead, I haven't been able to get back to the gym since the kids came back to school. I don't get home til about 5-530 then I cook dinner and afterwards get about an hour or two before I go to bed. I've started doing squats and lunges, and stair and counter push-hps (not wall push ups but not all the way on the ground either).

The second question will be, do you eat too much? And that's a no... I don't snack, and the foods I do eat aren't really unhealthy. I don't drink coffee or soda ever either. I know I have to work a little more on my portion control, I do tend to eat what I put on my plate, so that's a work in progress, but it always has been. I haven't used nugget as an excuse to overeat.

...I just don't want to be the person who gains 50-75 pounds during her pregnancy since I already have issues with my weight.

Thanks for letting me vent, I know I'm not alone, I just don't like feeling like this some times.

Ellia33_zps24161a44

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34