June 2012 Moms

Ectopic? Round ligament pain? Cyst? *UPDATE*

Hi ladies,

Has anyone experienced what an ectopic pregnancy feels like?

Last night I shot out of bed with a sharp pain in my right side, where I think my ovary is. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding, and this is the first time I've ever felt a painful cramp since I've been pregnant. Everything else just felt like a twinge and never really felt like it was just on one side. Is there any way to compare pains from an ectopic to RLP to a cyst?

I know that none of you can tell me what's going on over the internet, but I guess I'm just seeing if anyone has any experiences they'd be willing to share, hopefully to ease my mind a little until I can go to the doctor. I'm going to call in a couple hours (it's still early right now) to see what they think and if they want me to go in.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: The nurse I talked to said that it sounded like RLP. She said I could have twisted in my sleep and woken up from the pain. She did say that they can be quite painful. She told me if they keep happening randomly or I get other symptoms or bleeding to come in, but she thinks I'm okay. Thank you again, ladies! Being a pregnant hypochondriac is stressful!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml