January 2012 Moms

Sleeping advice?

Hi all,

I'm writing this post to ask for sleeping position advice.  For the past week and a half, I haven't been able to get a full night sleep because of leg and shoulder pain.  Also, my hands have started falling asleep through the night and, when I wake, it is very painful to get the blood flowing back into my hands.  

I've been using a body pillow between my legs for about two months with mixed success.  I've been trying to only sleep on my sides since it is recommended but I need to shift around all night due to pain on the outside of my thighs.   I also must have done something funky to my right shoulder because it will wake me up aching as well.

I've explored carpal tunnel during pregnancy information online regarding my hands.  I've had slight carpal tunnel symptoms in the past in my dominant hand, but that was years ago.  It takes a good hour each morning for the numbness in my left forefinger and thumb to go away.

Any sleep position suggestions would be welcome from you ladies.  I need to figure something out soon or I'm going to be falling asleep at my desk at work!

Thanks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml