January 2012 Moms

Missing Sports

I cannot believe it is already October, but now that it is I am starting to think about winter.  I am feeling a bit disappointed for this winter because I will not be able to skijor (cross country skiing behind dogs that are pulling you).  

My DS is in traveling soccer and this is our lives 9 months out of the year and winter is the only time we have to take up much else,  We are a pretty active family - My DH and I even played on an adult soccer team last fall because it was too hard to just watch the kids play on the sidelines.

I have not been able to jog at all during this pregnancy either.  The only active thing that my body has tolerated so far is walking. Boo!

My doctor said that I may be able to get out skijoring at the end of the winter depending on how my body heals after delivery and how long the snow lasts.  I just hope that by then both my dogs and I are not too out of shape  Smile

On the plus side, my doctor did ok cross country skiing on easy trials as long as I take it easy, so I am probably 1 of a few that cannot wait until the snow arrives!

Is anyone else missing sports and plan to keep them up after pregnancy?   What are your plans for getting your body ready to get back into the groove of things?