January 2012 Moms

Yay! I may get a shower afterall

Warning...this is long for no reason so feel free not to read it all.  Smile 

Ok, so I know this is my 3rd and all of them are the same sex.  But I never really had a shower before and I am so excited.  I have a new circle of friends then I did with my other pregnancies so it's not even the same people.  I think I am going to ask the host to figure out a way to let guest know that gifts are not necessary (since I really do have almost everything we need) but I love parties and I'm excited.

I was starting to feel bummed because all of my friends have had or are having mulitple showers (I guess it's not a big deal around here) and I'm always happy to go and celebrate, but part of me was kinda sad that I didn't really have friends that would host a shower for me. 

My first child's "shower" was at church with people that I didn't even know or socialize with.  They were closer to my husband because it was his church before we got married.  We got together after church, ate, cut cake and then I took the gifts home to open them by myself.  No games, none of my friends, and not even my DH's family came.  I was grateful that they did it, but it wasn't really a shower.  (not to mention that the lady told me that they don't normally do this, but they were only doing it because my husband was apart of the choir since he served in the sound ministry) She really didn't have to tell me that. 

I just happen to be discussing this with my BF who lives too far to do it herself and told her maybe I would just have a sprinkle or a meet the baby because I really wanted a party.  So a friend told me today that she wanted to host a shower for me but didn't know how I would feel about it.  "Of course you can!  Yay!"  I told her it didn't have to be a formal shower because I don't really need anything, I just wanted to have a party and celebrate the new baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml