January 2012 Moms

DH stood up to MIL & SIL, very proud of him!

So the decision to try for a VBAC has not been an easy one on me, my MIL (an OB nurse) and SIL (a NICU nurse) have both told me numerous times how against VBAC's they are. SIL always feels the need to bring up "horror" stories of uterine rupture, most of which I honestly believe she makes up to try to scare me out of a VBAC. And MIL makes nice little comments such as "Oh, you're going to TRY for a trial of labor (insert snarky smile), okay....." and also "So when are you scheduling the RCS, just INCASE?"

Finally Sunday night after SIL made another comment about one of her uterine rupture horror stories, I broke down in tears to DH and told him how rude it was for them to keep bringing this up. I mean if someone were going to have open heart surgery I wouldn't tell them horror stories of people dying on the operating room table. I told him that I know the risks, as do I know the risks of me dying in a car accident and I don't need them thrown in my face just because they don't agree with my decision. All he said was, "You stay right here." An hour later he came back and said I wouldn't have to hear another discouraging word about our hopeful VBAC. I found out later he told MIL and SIL that if it was brought up again in front of me, they would not be allowed at the hospital whether we have a VBAC or RCS until hours after everyone else had a chance to meet the baby. I never asked him to be that harsh, but secretly I am so thankful he feels that way and knows how important it is for me to have support! I love him so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml