January 2012 Moms

NBR: My 2am wake up call rant/vent

I had just gotten to sleep when my DH got up to get a drink of his soda. We normally drink water at night and I'm normally keeper of the cup so I can hand it to him because he's blind as a bat without his glasses on. Next thing I know, I'm woken up by the over head light being turned on and DH yelling that he couldn't see and that he spilled his drink. Being used to us drinking water, I didn't get up. Then I heard him go wet and towel and start rubbing the carpet. That's when I got up to see the damage thinking more damage was done to the printer since that's where he had left his cup. No. I was so wrong. DH spilled a huge cup of Cheerwine on our beige carpet and was trying to clean it up with our new white towels. (If you don't know what Cheerwine is it's a dark red, cherry soda) Thank God I had some carpet stain remover because DH was content leaving the red stains on the carpet until morning. I told him to just go back to bed, and that he'd be no help to me. So after a whole bottle of Scotch Gard Oxy Carpet Stain Remover and 30 minutes of blotting with our tan towels, not the white Confused, I got the stain up and you can't even tell it was there. Unfortuately for me, that was when my heartburn that was radiating from my ears started and I couldn't fall back asleep until 5:00am because of pregnancy insomnia and being hotter than torment. Normally that wouldn't bother me because I could take a nap after lunch, but my sister and niece are coming to visit so no nap for me. Oh well. Thanks for listening!!