Upstate NY Babies

Anyone have experience with UTIs in toddlers?

I think Zoey may have one. She PTed pretty early (has been for about a year now) and we have never had a problem with her having accidents. The girl seems to have q bladder of steel and sometimes if I don't remember to ask her if she has to go, she will go for HOURS without using the bathroom. I've read that it can lead to I infections if they hold it too long, so I try to remember to have her go, but it slips my mind a lot of the time. Since I know I dont have to worry about her having an accident, I don't feel pressured to get her on the potty all the time.

Well, anyways over the past week she has had a few accidents. Twice in the carseat (ugh!) and one night she took her pull up off and wet the bed. This is completely unlike her because she will always tell me if she need to go when we are in the car and we will either go home if we are close or find somewhere to stop and go. But both times she didn't say anything and then all of a sudden told me " Mommy I think I had an accident". I have read that UTIs in children can cause them to have accidents even when they are PTed because they get confused about the sensations they are feeling down there, so I think that might be what's going on. Anyone have any insight or experience with this? I think I will be calling the pedi tomorrow.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml