January 2012 Moms

Disciplining other people's children

Well I did not have my finest moment at the park today, but I will say the mama bear in me came out! My one and a half year old DS was playing around a boy who looked to be about 5 or 6, I saw this boy bully a few other kids by telling them to get out of the way and by pushing them. I was very leery of letting DS stand by him but did anyway. DS very innocently touched the toy this boy was playing with and he shoved him right on the cement! I walked over there and tapped the little boy on the shoulder and said "You do not need to push other people, that is not nice!" Then I picked up DS and right in front of the little boy told DS "we don't need to play with people who are mean."

The little boy of course looked at me, ran to another toy and pushed another child out of the way so he could have it! And want to know what his mother was doing this whole time? Sitting on her a** about 50 ft away in the shade texting! She sat and text the entire hour we were there while her son did whatever the f*** he felt like doing! I usually don't step in and say things (especially if their parents are around) but I felt like someone had to say something to this little brat since his mother obviously doesn't feel like being a mother! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml