Single Parents

Im almost embarressed to be asking this.....

AGAIN!!!!!!

Of course I have posted in the past about leaving FI b/c of his drug problems. Well, he was off them for a while and now I know he is back on them and he is just getting worse and worse.

I am so scared to leave him/have him leave because I do not want him to be alone with LO.....EVER! I cant trust him not to get high or not to drive while high or fall asleep while watching him, etc. Did any of you who were with someone who had a drug/alcohol problem feel that you had MORE control over the situation if you were to just stay in it? (I assume you dont still feel that way but when you were IN the situation, did you feel like that)? That is how I feel. I know it might sound ridiculous (I am sure it does) but I feel that I am there all the time so FI will never be soley respondsible for LO b/c I am always there and I can protect LO.

What rights does FI have? Does it vary from state to state? Where do I even start? Does anyone have any advise? I had a horrible experience with the court system in and out of my life when I was growing up and I dont want to put LO through that at all. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml