Single Parents

Met with attorney

I feel a little bit better.  She has been practicing family law in my state for 30 years and she said because my son is only a year and a half old that she is very certain that I would get around 75% custody of him.  Because developmentally at that age they need one primary caregiver.  And she said that even though he already pays cs for his other kids he would still owe me quite a bit in cs because they calculate cs before his mortgage or any other expenses. 

So all of this made me feel a little more assured about my position.  I just hope he doesn't try to fight it too much, but we shall see what happens.

He is still actually in limbo and hasn't even said the actual words I want to split up and you need to move out.  I am only assuming that is what he wants to say by his actions.  For about a month he has been angry, cold, and distant.  And the few conversations we have had he just tells me that our relationship is so broken he doesn't have the energy or know how to fix it.  He just keeps stating that over and over for the last few weeks so I am assuming he wants me to be the one to call it quits and say I am moving out.

"How often does the other woman get a happy ending?" Chuck Bass, Gossip Girl