Upstate NY Babies

How do you stay out of family drama?

OMG!  I want to scream.  Long story short, DH's brother and SIL started an arguement with MIL on Sun.  Both parties had semi-valid reasons.  BIL called DH to try to bring him into it, DH said no, not getting involved.  But BIL had already involved us by telling MIL we said she was crazy, etc.  So MIL confronted DH the next day.  Uhg!  DH has been trying to stay out and ignore the phone calls, etc.  Tonight, DH's SIL writes me a letter on FB appologising (lightly sarcasically) for things we supposedly said about them.  All crap taken out of context.  I, stupidly, wrote back trying to stay on middle ground explaining the words were taken out of context and try to shed a bit of light on MIL's end.  So I go back on FB an hour later, and SIL UNFRIENDED ME!  I am now pi$$ed that I bothered to write back and further involved us.  DH is going to be pissed when he finds out I wrote back.  I really thought I was staying on middle ground and helping when I responded.  Wouldn't I have been just as involved had I not responded?  I really held back by not telling her what I really thought.  They have done (or not done) things that have hurt our feelings too.

It really is a crazy arguement.  All the siblings have been dragged in and both sides are really in the wrong.  It has to do with their babies, which is the worst part.