Pregnant after IF

Presenting Lilian! (PIP)

Hi ladies! This is a bit of a post and run because I need to sleep a little bit, but I just wanted to let you know that our daughter arrived today safely. Lilian Sahiya was born this morning at 10:09am ET weighing 6lb0z and 19 inches long.

She scored really well on APGAR (8 and then 9) but is having a little difficulty with fluid in her lungs. I'm told this is somewhat typical with c-sections because the fluid isn't squeezed out in the same way as happens during a vag birth. So, she's been grunting and breathing a little quickly all day long to try to get rid of the fluids, and as a result they have her down in the NICU to observe her a bit.

Unfortunately, she will have to spend the night there, but the hospital has liberal visitation policies for the NICU allowing me to come down anytime of the day or night. I made them promise me to call me when she's ready to nurse regardless of the hour because they don't want her to eat anything yet due to the risk of aspiration.

Otherwise, she's perfectly healthy, and this issue is just a transitional issue. I think both E and I are in love. Here's a pic of our little girl.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml