Pregnant after IF

I have an awesome surprise for my Mom (oops a little long)

My mom has been out of work for almost 2 years since she got laid off. She's had a really tough time looking for work because she either gets rejected for being overqualified , or overlooked because of her assumed age ( her work history goes far back as does her education, it's not hard to tell she's in her 50's)

Anyway, she's very money savvy so until they recently cut off her unemployment she has been doing just fine and even has her mortgage paid ahead of time through October of next year ! Since she didn't really have any extra expenses she hasn't really worried about not having a regular income.

But now that her 1st grandchild is on the way she has been more worried and anxious. She wants to throw me  a baby shower and also get things for the baby. She won't take my help financially( my mommy is so stubborn sometimes!)

So I had to figure out a way that I could help her somehow. Her birthday is in August, and the day after hers is my Grandmother's (her mom, isn't that special?)

She had wanted to go to Puerto Rico where my grandmother is for their birthdays but was concerned about money since she's doing all this baby planning too.

So I secretly bought her airline ticket ! YAY ! So she gets to go to PR without worrying that she'd be spending more than she had, or that she had to take something way from the baby. And I got an awesome deal too! I was going to wait for Mother's day to give her the tickets but I think I will put it in her Easter basket instead, I just can't wait to see her face!

Sorry this got so long, but I just wanted to share.

Mommy is so special to me and I would do anything to make her happy. I hope I have the same special bond between my child and I that I have with Mommy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml